• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Hello From Already Frozen Central MN

Reaction score
Great site & wonderful people willing to share and help. Thanksomuch. In short I'm currently in an obsessive mode with canoe tripping still riding high from a 9-day with my 17 yr old this past August. Plan to continue utilizing this forum for technical input on boats and hopefully share anything I can. Also on the hunt for canoe refurb projects to keep things tolerable through the winter months; learning as I go. Due to fortunate proximity our adventures will most likely continue to be within Ontario. No shortage of water within the homeland either.

Peace
Micah

Attachments

• photo10414.jpg
    photo10414.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome Micah !

You are right this is a Great Site !

Maybe consider building a Cedar strip canoe ?
Oh, the thrill pushing out from shore on an extended canoe trip, in a canoe you built yourself !

Sorry ! Just a little enticement ! ;)

Jim

Thanks so much Jim! Recognized your name from a prior topic so had to look back at put the pieces together. As for the suggestion on building a boat myself...I know my limitations in that patience is not my strong suit. An endeavor like that may not be the best fit. Baby steps for me right now with refinishing gunwales, replacing cane, and hopefully a bit of fiber repair this winter if I can find another classic that needs a bit of love.

Back