• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Hey just joined! Greetings from the Tripping Authority!

Reaction score
Looking to delve deep into the conversation surround canoe tripping and backcountry camping. It's my greatest passion and nothing in this world makes me feel so free. So I'd like to share my knowledge and love of paddling, by making videos for fellow canoe trippers, avid outdoorsman along with beginners, looking to get into it.

How many times do you have to introduce/promote yourself in one website? "Tripping Authority"? Ok.....

Didn't mean to overload the forum with multiples of the same post, had some bugs with the first upload. Had help from some of the administrators, was more of a technical difficulty.

For some reason TTA's posts disappeared, still haven't figured that one out. Please try to ignore the multiple posts as that is fallout from that snafu. Ain't technology fun somedays? ;-)

dougd

I think I get it.
My wife often has to repeat herself to me. I say my hearing ain't what it used to be. She says I'm not paying attention.
And as in life the answer lies more or less somewhere in the middle. And it's all good. Unless she has something really important to say. As if. What?

Last edited:
I suffer from similar afflictions, I'm much older than I was, and my hearing isn't so good anymore. A feel no need for a hearing aid, though. With my advancing age, I have realized that most of the time I don't really care what people are saying to me.

Last December I went to the eye doctor. He asked me, 'what brings you in today'. When I told him that 'my wife wanted me to have my ears examined', he took a step backwards and stared at me. When I finished my thought and said, 'but we compromised on an eye exam', he had to laugh.

I also suffer from hearing loss and don't always hear my wife. I rarely ever say "what?" or ask her to repeat herself. I just say "I can't hear ya" and most of the time she doesn't repeat herself and I think we're both happier that way. Not everything is worth repeating.

Welcome to the forum TA, we all have something to add and something to learn. A lot of our members have been tripping for longer than you've been alive and I assure you they haven't been wondering around cold wet and hungry.

Back