• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Greetings from NY

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I am new to the site. I live north of NYC. I have been canoeing and canoe-camping for more than 40 years. For the last 30 years, most of my canoeing has been solo. I have done trips in the eastern provinces of Canada, the northeastern states and a few trips in the southeastern U.S., including the Everglades. I have also done some canoeing in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. I am looking forward to learning about what everyone else is doing.

Hi PaddlingPitt. I lived in Corvallis, OR for 3 years. Besides the Willamette River, I took my solo canoe to many lakes (large and small) in the Cascades. Also paddled the Deschutes River on the east side of the Cascades.

I was just curious. I lived in Vancouver for many years, and paddled throughout BC, and somewhat in northern Washington. Not in the trips you have done, though. Diversity is good for this site. Looking forward to posts of your trips.

Welcome from downstate! Going up to the ADK with the AMC this weekend for fall foliage. Can't wait. Hopefully another get together next Spring after ice out with other locals. take care.

Back