• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Hello from Eastern NC

Reaction score
Glad to be here! Most of my paddling is in the swamps around Eastern NC, but I get out occasionally to other places. I have a ragged, beat up old Discovery 158 that I'm a little nervous about taking in the water , a Discovery 119, and just picked up an older MRC Malecite in fiberglass that needs a little TLC but is in pretty good shape overall. May have some questions as I'm working through that......If you find yourself heading to the Outer Banks, let me know. Maybe we can get our paddles wet :)

Welcome to CT! Like Robin I restored three of them, sold one. Gunnels is fairly easy especially if you have a helper. I can buy ash planks at 20 feet so I just mill my own. Don't hesitate to ask questions, many very knowledgable folks on this site!

Thanks, guys.. Nice video, Robin. I came across that when I first was looking for info on the boat. It's a '91, but was garage kept for the most part..Luckily, the gunnels are in good shape, just a bit dry. Got my Watco out for those already...I have a couple of dings in the bottom to fix, a seat to redo and to decide on adding another thwart....there's a little flex in the hull, but the keel area and chine area are strong.... I'll post some pictures soon, and am sure I'll have some questions. :)

Back