• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

River Falls, WI area

Reaction score
Thank you to admin who diligently worked through some internet bugs so I could join. Looking forward to paddling again following a phase in life where I was too busy or just plain unable to get out there and do so. Can't wait! Hoping to explore Straight Lake State Park tomorrow on foot because truck racks are not functioning. Will scout it out for paddling. Anyone been there? Happy paddling!

Welcome to the site and glad it all worked out! Being in NH I don't have much to offer but am looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

dougd

Good Morning
I've paddled Straight Lake; last year in 2020 and for first time 2017. I put in north of the parking lot. Using kayak rollers :). Could try to launch from the small campground on the south side. I've not explored all potential access points. The Lake is pristine. Wildlife abounds and wild celery is in the waters. As it becomes better known, it also receives more use. Good luck and enjoy the paddle.

Sometimes it feels like the twilight zone here. It seems Lena joined almost 3 years ago and has not posted since, at least under that screen name. So, a belated welcome, even though I joined after you.

Back