• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Greetings!

Reaction score
New to this site, and excited to be here. Primarily a solo paddler these days, although I still get out on occasion with one of my daughters and my wife. Live in Minnesota and am looking forward to my first paddle of the season this weekend on the St. Croix!

Thanks, all. Still pretty chilly here in the Twin Cities; high tomorrow is going to be 28. None of the local lakes are even nearly open yet, it if off the to rivers for my first paddles of the season. St. Croix on Sunday and Minnesota/Mississippi on Monday.

A few summer trips are being planned...best way to spend those long winter days! Heading on a short solo into the Clearwater area of the Boundary Waters on June 18, and then a longer solo trek into Quetico starting on the 4th of July. Putting in at Beaverhouse and will spend a couple weeks working my way to Moose Lake. One last trip before school start again next August; hopefully I can convince my wife to return to Quetico with me for another week together.

Please tell us about the St. Croix. I paddled there more years ago then I care to count and would love to hear about it again.
Erica

Please tell us about the St. Croix. I paddled there more years ago then I care to count and would love to hear about it again.
Erica

Erica,

My St. Croix plans are on hold. Checked out the river this past Sunday, and most of the area I planned to paddle was still frozen. It is snowing in the Twin Cities again now, and we are supposed to get another 7 inches or so in the next 24 hours. I am a teacher, and my spring break started today...does not feel too much like spring!

I will post when I get out on the water. There is a blue heron rookery on an island near Stillwater, and it is always a favorite place to check out in the early spring.

Back