• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Manitoba!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Gerrit Hofman. My family and I love canoeing. My wife and 5 kids have managed with our 2 canoes, but this year we may need to add a 3rd! Our newest one is a Clipper Tripper kevlar in lime green - very happy with it. With the season fast approaching I'm looking forward to pouring over the site for trip ideas. So much to explore in Canada - so little time...

Attachments

• photo9037.jpg
    photo9037.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo9038.jpg
    photo9038.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo9039.jpg
    photo9039.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 0
Welcome Gerrit, that's great that you and your big family go tripping, hope you can share some family adventures with us this fast approaching season.

If I was on the east shore of Lake Winnipeg and you where paddling that lime green canoe on the west shore I bet I could see you..haha, it looks fast!

I had spent the majority of my life with the seemingly proud accomplishment of never having been cold. Then I went to Winnipeg in the winter. You guys are tough.

Manitohoyan??

Viking...never been cold? ,.....that is a worthy accomplishment, I am jealous.

It was quite funny - I got off the plane and was going outside to get a taxi and it struck me as odd nobody else was outside. I discovered why in about 1 1/2 seconds. Also, while the plane was getting ready to land I commented to my Winnipeg seatmate on how flat it was. He told me in Winnipeg you can watch your dog run away for 2 days. Had a great time and met some great people. This was at a trade show and a law had JUST been passed that impacted folks non-sporting firearms. It was all anyone could talk about the entire show.

or as Premier Trudeau would say Humantobians)
Ha ha, that's a good one, I see you must be following the Canadian news. Interesting how the place you live in avoided controversy all together with the gender neutral "folk". Personally I think Norman CT sounds better than Norfolk.

Good to see another friendly Manitoban aboard. And one with a big tripping family. Bonus points.
"With the season fast approaching..." And the optimism sure is nice too.

Back