• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

A wave of my paddle

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm from New Brunswick originally and learned to canoe there from my Dad and one of my Scout Leaders growing up.
I currently live in Nova Scotia and am enjoying passing the love on to my own son.
Can't wait to see what's here and to learn some more.

Oh oh, another Maritimer, things could get out of hand. (lol)
Welcome Yoeman. You're just in time for spring.

Thanks guys. Was hoping there'd be some local talent here!
I've got trips planned this year on the Musquodoboit and Liscomb Rivers in NS, and so far one back country at Keji and a four day trip at Algonquin Park. Am looking at doing a trip in NB as well (possibly the Magaguadavic River).

Welcome Yeoman, Looks like you have some good company here! I have a good friend who lives in NB, Fredrickton on the banks of the Nashwaak and St. John. Looking forward to your tales!

dougd

Hi Yeoman, Welcome, must be nice living in the land of Chestnut canoes.

On Sat I went to a canoe/kayak store near me that I'd never visited before. They were GIVEN a 1930s vintage 16' Chestnut Pal by a guy who "had it laying around."
They just finished restoring it. Drool.
The plant shut down when I was a kid and Dad never had the money for a cedar canvass but in '84 a local guy started making fiberglass canoes on real Chestnut moulds.
We still have and use it. They really are lovely. It's such a shame to see them being turned into furniture.

Welcome Yeoman, Looks like you have some good company here! I have a good friend who lives in NB, Fredrickton on the banks of the Nashwaak and St. John. Looking forward to your tales!

dougd

I love the Nashwaak. The only word for it is pastoral.
Your friend lives in one of the best and underrated canoe areas in the country. An hour in any direction takes your pal to numerous fantastic river runs.

Back