• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Hi folks

Reaction score
While searching for some canoe related t shirts I stumbled onto this site. What I found was such a surprise. One of your members had posted about St. Regis Pond and had mentioned finding beer left there. I had to read it twice. Our group: my friend, my son, his friend and I were there the next day and the beer was still there!

I started canoe camping in 1987. I've mostly gone to the Adirondacks but did three trips to the west side of Algonquin. I'm the only one left from the original group. Over the years guys have joined and dropped out. Now I go with a couple guys my age (65 in 3 weeks) and my son and his friends. In 2011 my friend Randy and my son Mike did the Little Tupper to Lake Lila Traverse. It was quite a challenge. I remember getting the gear and canoes all squared away on the truck and climbing gingerly into the passenger seat. Randy says "that was quite a trip" Yep. "Are you sore?" All over. "Are you glad you did it?" Oh yeah. Some of the scenery was amazing. "Ever want to do it again?" No.

Oh, the beer was NOT there when we left.

Mr cody,
Welcome!! If you took any photos on your recent trip, be sure to toss a few of them up here. The guys and gals really enjoy them.
So what are the paddling and tripping plans for 2018?

;);) In 2011 my friend Randy and my son Mike did the Little Tupper to Lake Lila Traverse. It was quite a challenge. I remember getting the gear and canoes all squared away on the truck and climbing gingerly into the passenger seat. Randy says "that was quite a trip" Yep. "Are you sore?" All over. "Are you glad you did it?" Oh yeah. Some of the scenery was amazing. "Ever want to do it again?" No.

Oh, the beer was NOT there when we left.

Welcome. I did the LTL to LL solo, with food poisoning, and loved every minute. Don't tell me those portages bothered you strong men. ;)

Erica

Back