• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello All from the Pa rivers & Canadian Lakes.

G

Hello All

You can tell from my title line that I consider to hale from wherever I last paddled. Actually, I'm from Southwestern Pa.

I gained my love for canoeing from my father. He cut his teeth on canoeing with the Boy Scouts and then lead scout and Church Camp trips on PA rivers like the Clarion and West Branch of the Susquehanna. He paddled Algonquin in the late 50's back when the train still went through the park.

I have continued his canoeing tradition also leading Church Camp trips. Along with this I try to canoe on the nearby lower portion of the Youghiogheny twice a month weather permitting.

My greatest joy this past summer was going on a Father & Daughter trip with another fellow and his girl. Both of these girls are soon leaving the nest (both engaged to be married - both to Joes within the next year). They are both experienced canoeists so we went for a 6 day trip in the Chiniguchi Canoeing area near Sudbury, Ontario. I will try to give a trip report soon.

Looking forward to continuing friendships with some folks I know and making some new friends that love the song of the paddle..

Doug

Yellowcanoe,

I believe I saw that - have to check the calendar.

Welcome Doug, Pa is well represented here, looking forward to reading your Canadian trip report this evening after devouring 1/2 a turkey and some apple pie.

Hi Doug - another West PA guy here. Yes, follow YC's suggestion and try to make the Solo Rendezvous in June (6/7/8). We're right next door to Moraine State Park in Butler Co. Can't be very far away from you. We'd be pleased to have you join us.

Bruce

Back