• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from NJ

Reaction score
Hello,

Just joined this site although I've been to it before to read some trip reports and other threads. I've done canoe camping on and off over the years although now I'd like to get into canoe "tripping" and visit more remote places. I also hike, backpack and car camp. NJ isn't really a hot bed of tripping opportunities so I figure I'll have to head north to the Adirondacks more often to get the experience. Right now I paddle an Old Town Penobscot 16 but am looking for something a little lighter to get to more back country locations.

Geoff

Welcome Camp43. I live in Oakland, Bergen county. What part of The Garden State do you live?
Funny you should mention the Adirondacks, a bunch of us are having a get together Columbus Day weekend. Check out the "Lets Get Together" thread.
I hope to go up on Wed. and stay through Mon. We will be occupying several sites on the far side of the lake from the Put-in.Come on up.

Hi bcelect. 'm just down 287 in Parsippany although I work right by you in Bergen. Most of my paddling is done at Split Rock although I get to the Delaware, Round Valley, locally as well. I am off Thursday and Friday off that week and may try to make it up if I can move my original plans.

cool. Have you been to Split rock lately? That's a nice dock they added this summer, unfortunately it may attract the masses. If you don't meet up next weekend, we will have to hook up for a paddle. Do you fish?

Welcome to the site Geoff. There are some really knowledgeable folks here. Definitely a fun place to check in on and browse the archives.

I too am from NJ and have paddled Split Rock, probably hundred of times. The new dock is a welcome addition. But the carry from the parking lot and down the hill still sucks!

I'll keep my eye out for the Pine Barrens trip. I've never canoed down there.

Back