• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Another Newbie From Southern Michigan

Reaction score
Hello all,

An active retiree here who's been backpacking the past few years and I'm on the verge of diving in (figuratively, I hope) to canoe tripping. I've already found some really good info while lurking here on the forums but still have lots of questions.

I had a 16+' sea kayak I paddled for a couple years, but that was 15 or so years ago. What derailed the kayak was a succession of sailboats ending with a 31' blue water cruiser I sold last year. (It was indeed one of the happiest days of my life as the saying goes.) The dream of sailing that boat across oceans got me through many a day trapped in a fabric covered box of an office.

So far, I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos and am reading the book Paddle Your Own Canoe by the McGuffins. I hope that as I progress in this newest form of adventure, I may be able to contribute as well.

Jim

Welcome. I used to live in Grand Rapids, before moving to NY to live with my wife. Lots of great paddling to be had in MI.

Welcome aboard Jim. I'm in St Joseph and my puppy demands that we paddle almost every day.

Back