• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Glad to be here

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Been paddling a few years just not in a canoe...yet. I picked up a 2000 model Mohawk Blazer 16. Going to trip it on our next annual trip down the Oconee River here in Ga. Cleaned it up and put Gator Glide on the bottom to help skip over logs and shallow places. Lurked on here for a few weeks and have enjoyed the forum. Already used some tips and tricks to help outfit the canoe such as putting tie down loops along the gunnels. We trip in comfort with no portage so my load is about 200 lbs ( lots of beer n ice. 2 coolers). Been using a 15'4" Gheenoe but its heavy. Its about 5-6 day venture. Well enough for now ya'll will be hearing from me later. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and for all the help I have already received.

Welcome Bullfrog ! It's a great site with plenty of good people ! Always something interesting going on !

Jim

Welcome Bullfrog6, sounds like a good trip, 5-6 days on the river is great. Enjoy and lets us know how it goes, take some pics.

Thanks for the warm welcome. The trip I mentioned is our annual Oconee River trip. We do others in between on the Flint River, Ocmulgee River, Lake Blackshear, Chattahoochee River and the Okefenokee Swamp to name a few of the places we go.

Welcome. ​I'm another "no portage, comfort tripper". Sounds like a great trip.
Let us know how the gator glide works. Been thinking about it for my square stern, and the bottom of my duck hunting boat that I run a go-devil on.
Did you use the G2 or the G4?

Back