• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

New Fella

G

Hi all!

I thought that I would stop lurking in the shadows and join the fun. I am fairly new to canoes, not counting some short trips floating down the Little Miami River as a kid. I just completed my first canoe trip to the BWCA this summer. I grew up camping, fishing, hunting and hiking; and am excited to add paddling to the mix. Don't own a canoe yet, but I mooch off of family for now. I am excited to see what I can learn from the collective experience here. Thanks for reading!

-CimarronJr

Last edited:
Hi There, Welcome, and how about a little write about that BWCA trip in the TR's section. Although I like where I live here on the east coast, I envy those who live closer to the BWAC/Quetico/Western Ontario/Manitoba.
Some great tripping country, I would enjoy paddling the country Sig Olsen and Calvin Rutstrum traveled through more.

Thanks Robin! I'll do that. It really is beautiful up there. I hope to visit there many more times.

Thanks fellas, Sorry I am generally so quiet on here. I'll try to chip in more often. I still owe everyone a trip report from the BWCA from June. If I'm lucky I'll get to do my Groundhog Day Paddle. If so I'll get some photos up from that too.

Back