• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Another Manitoban

Reaction score
Joined up after reading Alan Gage's Wollaston to Goose Lake report.

So far I've tripped only in Manitoba. The only exception was sneaking into Ontario for a few day when my wife and I made our way to the Bloodvein River. My favourite rivers to paddle are the Black and Manigotagan Rivers in/near Nopiming park. The only longer trips I've been on are The Bloodvein River (2014) and The Hayes River (2016). Both trips were just my wife and I.

I didn't get out on the water much this fall but here's a photo from my last overnighter of 2016:

Attachments

• photo5964.jpg
    photo5964.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now that I have been officially on Canoe Tripping for over a year, I feel like I can welcome new folks to this wonderful forum.
Nice picture of your camp.

I'm somewhat a Manitoban, spent ten years in Gimli, lived there when they erected the Viking Statue, me and my little buddies used to climb up underneath to see if there was anything under the kilt. I'll have to make a trip out some day and visit all you Manitobans.

Welcome aboard, Neil. I've enjoyed reading you and your wife's trip reports as well. I did the Bloodvein in 2015 and it was fun to see it through another pair of eyes.

Alan

Thanks everyone! Karin, I know you've paddled the Rice River. Have you paddled toward Lake Winnipeg ? That's where the picture in my first post is from. Not much of a trip since the road is so close but the area is very scenic and there's a lot of islands to camp on.

Alan, thanks. I may post our reports here.

Last edited:
Neil, yes, we did down to the lake the first time on the river. We had no choice. It was late September and there was barely a trickle of water coming down. Although we did head up the next day we ran out of water about halfway up to Shallow Lake. The fishing was awesome in the pools between rapids since the pickerel were stranded there.

Welcome to a great active site. Really enjoyed your trip reports and exploring your back yard.

Back