• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Greetings from northwestern Ontario

Reaction score
Hey paddlers, just foud this site last night. currently living in Thunder Bay Ontario, originally from Nova Scotia. Have lived all over Canada and have canoed every province except Newfoundland, including a solo 6000 km paddle back in 2004.
Also a home based woodworker, mainly building paddles of all things :)

Looking forward to being part of this group.

Cheers...Joe O'

Thanks Moses, I hope you are right.
Just turned on the laptop out here in the woodshop jut now. Time to get to work on a couple paddles. Great way to spend a cold winters day. Minus 31 degrees with the windchill. Minus 21 air temperature up here.

Thanks Robin. And yeah, I'll post something over there in the coming days for sure. Aiming to increase the number of canoe paddles that I make this year.
This set of Forums is great. I think I'll be spending a good bit of time here.

Hi Joe, and welcome.

ps Look forward to seeing your paddle making results.

Last edited:
Welcome Joe! I'm originally from TBay (now in T.O.) but didn't do much paddling when I was there, apart from paddling down the Kam from Stanley to the Old Fort a few times each summer, and around Wolf Lake, etc. and people's camps. I was young and stupid and more into city things. I hope you are taking proper advantage of living a few hours from Quetico, a short day's drive from Wabakimi, and generally surrounded by decent crown land! Welcome aboard!

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes. Feels like a real fine place to hang out with like minded folks.
Out in the shop now, going to do a little work on a couple canoe paddles before calling it a day.

Cheers...

Back