• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Connecticut Yankee

Reaction score
Another one of the 60 something paddlers here, actually , today is my 66'th birthday. I'm from CT , about a half hour from Robin , though I don't know him. I own a camp in the Adirondacks near the St Regis Canoe Area, which is also my favorite area to paddle. I'm at camp today actually , and X/C skied into the SRCA earlier today. My favorite thing to do, other than, well, you know, is a canoe - camping- fishing trip somewhere in the Adks. I'm a flyfisher and fly tyer, and love to chase brook trout. I'm working on an Old Town HW hoping to get it back in the water next spring. I also have a couple woodstrip canoes I built of my own design. I row a woodstrip guideboat, and yes , I also paddle those long skinny things with a little hole on the top that you sit in. I enjoy canoe tripping or I wouldn't be on this forum, and I also race canoes and kayaks, both in white water and marathon events.
​ I would enjoy metting some of you if you end up having that gathering in the Adks next spring, but which boat to bring????

John M

You know.. one that doubles as a sled!
Happy happy birthday youngster!

I think I need to make that gathering.. I want to learn how to fly fish.

CY, then YC ok Happy birthday YC and bring whatever boat trips your trigger. We have double bladed canoe paddlers.

I plan on spending some quality time in your neck of the Adks next year.

Yes, Welcome neighbor. Hopefully we can get a nice group together this spring in the ADK's, I really enjoyed meeting some great people this fall at Lows Lake, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Hope you had a wonderful day, John. I am just about 6 months behind you. We see each other often at the 90-miler, you and your son, but have not yet had the opportunity to paddle with you directly. You will have to join us in the Yukon races one of these years.

be well,
Paul

Back