• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Hello from Warren County, NJ

Welcome Jack !
​ What are your interests ?
A canoe builder by chance ? :rolleyes:

Jim

Hello Mr. Jack,
I had to look up Warren County, NJ to see where you are...
Do you visit the ADK's much? What kind of boat(s) do you have? What sort of camping do you prefer; car, primitive, wilderness, survival?

Hello Jack, Welcome. I am from Bergen county and Greenfrog is in Morris. How are you on Winter camping? Some of us are just getting into hot tenting and are planning an equipment shake out gathering this weekend up at Robins place in western CT. I am sure that if you want to try it out, there is plenty of room. I have cold tented several times and now getting into hot tenting, I also have a hammock which I am interested in dialing in for cold hanging.
It looks like we will probably have a winter gathering as well as an ice out gathering early spring before the paddling season, we all love the Adirondacks here. No need to stay indoors all winter.
Bruce

Hello Jack, Welcome. I am from Bergen county and Greenfrog is in Morris. How are you on Winter camping? Some of us are just getting into hot tenting and are planning an equipment shake out gathering this weekend up at Robins place in western CT. I am sure that if you want to try it out, there is plenty of room. I have cold tented several times and now getting into hot tenting, I also have a hammock which I am interested in dialing in for cold hanging.
It looks like we will probably have a winter gathering as well as an ice out gathering early spring before the paddling season, we all love the Adirondacks here. No need to stay indoors all winter.
Bruce
Hello bselect,
This is good stuff, one of the reason I came here. I have not been winter camping in years but I'm interested in going. This weekend I am already scheduled to go on a hike with a hiking group I belong to. How do I get into the loop of when you guys are going on the upcoming trips? Thank you for the invites!

Hello Mr. Jack,
I had to look up Warren County, NJ to see where you are...
Do you visit the ADK's much? What kind of boat(s) do you have? What sort of camping do you prefer; car, primitive, wilderness, survival?
I have not hit the ADK's much but looking to get there more. Glad to see so many from here have that interest, just what I'm looking for. I'll camp any way but wilderness camping is something I prefer.

I'll be heading into Lows Lake again this early spring like I did last year (mid April) but I will be watching for the first warm weather and it also depends on how long/cold a winter they have. Nothing I can plan in advance, it will be a last minute thing.

But if anyone is interested in a later trip to the ADK's I'm interested in getting some plans in place. I don't know when the working folks have time off anymore so those who need to plan around "days off" should chime in.
I'm also open to new areas to explore.

Hey Jack - Welcome from central NY. To get more info on the kind of trips like this weekend's event...just stay tuned and read up. Most folks are willing to share ideas and suggestions. From there a few dates/locations may be tossed around and then something is (usually) set. While I'm unable to go this weekend due to work, there will be many more opportunities so stay tuned and chime in when it's most appropriate for you to do so. Be that in asking questions or making suggestions, you'll find this is a really friendly group so welcome and thanks for joining in.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Jack you can scroll down in the general paddling discussions section to the "Let's Get Together" . Sometimes it will be one person going someplace seeing if anybody else is up for a trip, sometimes it turns into a group event. If you want to plan something, just post it and see if anybody else is available to join in.
This fall some of us met at Lows Lake NY. We all came from NJ, MA, CT, Buffalo, Albany, PA and Quebec.This trip was during the week, some of the guys are retired and living the life of leisure, the rest of us are hoping we can retire soon. :cool:

Last edited:
Wonder how things are in Warren County. I lived in Hardyston ( Stockholm ) from 1973-1983. Backed up to the Newark Watershed and there were folks with outhouses and shotguns and lots of dawgs in the hollows of the Hamburg Mountains. At that time we had one canoe , a Grumman, and we loved to go run the Delaware

Which I have forgotten all details of. Can you lead a camping trip there?

Wonder how things are in Warren County. I lived in Hardyston ( Stockholm ) from 1973-1983. Backed up to the Newark Watershed and there were folks with outhouses and shotguns and lots of dawgs in the hollows of the Hamburg Mountains. At that time we had one canoe , a Grumman, and we loved to go run the Delaware

Which I have forgotten all details of. Can you lead a camping trip there?

Where would you like to camp, on a trip down the Delaware?

Back