• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Greetings from Illinois

Reaction score
Hey, all! Many of you know me from other canoe sites. For those who don't I hope to contribute, in a respectful fashion, relevant, useful comments...and an amusing quip or two from time to time. I hike and canoe on flat water. My favorite area is Wabakimi. No mountain climbing or CIII whitewater running for me! I am the worst fisherman on the planet and even good fisherman can't catch anything when I am in the boat! But I'm not a bad guy to travel with and I'm no lillydipper. Oh, and thanks to Alan Gage for tipping me to this site.

Ya had me till you mentioned Alan....haha, just kidding, Welcome, Glad to have a Wabakimi tripper here.

Hey, all! Many of you know me from other canoe sites. For those who don't I hope to contribute, in a respectful fashion, relevant, useful comments...and an amusing quip or two from time to time. I hike and canoe on flat water. My favorite area is Wabakimi. No mountain climbing or CIII whitewater running for me! I am the worst fisherman on the planet and even good fisherman can't catch anything when I am in the boat! But I'm not a bad guy to travel with and I'm no lillydipper. Oh, and thanks to Alan Gage for tipping me to this site.
You can't be the worst fisherperson.. I am.. Or maybe its just I balk at grabbing the fish to get it off the hook! I can thread worms.. thats about it.

yc - You mention something about getting a fish off the hook. I am not sure what you are talking about because I never have one ON the hook!!;)

Now that's tough in Wabakimi where the walleye commit fish suicide!
I'd bait and Uncle Phil would get the fish off!

Back