• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hi - lots of info on Maine tripping

Reaction score
Hi folks, I just found this group last week. I'm looking forward to sharing info on multiday trips in Maine, mostly in late September and October
I've done trips on these lakes/ponds/rivers:
Azichohos
Roach Ponds
Debsconeag
Turkey Tail, Upper and Middle Jo-Mary
Lobster Lake/West Branch Penobscot
Chesuncook (ugh!)
Pocumcus
Moose bow
Umbagog
Saco - old course
and a few others.
Happy to share info. I'm also a GPS geek - and have coordinates for many campsites and put-ins.

I've also refinished kevlar gel coats and more recently repaired deep scratches in a Bell Northstar Kevlite, recaned seats, etc.

-- Phil

Welcome aboard! I look forward to learning more about the places you enjoy paddling. All my paddling in ME so far has been along the coast in the dreaded "K" word so I'd love to find out more about canoe options in the state.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Hi Snapper -- I paddle tandem canoe, TK1, and pretty much anything that floats. I even spent 3 days in a ducky - and had the time of my life! I'll post some of my trip summaries during the winter. -- Phil

I haven't made Debsconeag Lakes yet... The others are all tried and true friends.

Your UGH is my one true love. I love Chesuncook

I paddle solo or paired solo..

But the Maine Island Trail also beckons for ocean going craft...

I have been bi for a long time.

If you have info on the St Croix I would love to hear it not done it

Allagash and St John are familiar to me too.

Welcome Phil, I share your sentiment on Chesuncook, but paddle north of there in Maine.

I am monogamous to my harem of canoes and booted out the last of my yaks a couple years ago.

Back