• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Hello from North Jersey

Reaction score
Hiya,
Happy to find some canoe trippers!
Mostly I canoe, camp and fish in the Adirondacks but would like to learn about all the other options available. Also very much into bushcraft and hunting skills.
Best,
GreenFrog

Here is a video of my wife and I canoe camping in the ADK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJtXLt52kI

Last edited:
Carefull Green !!
We might make a canoe builder out of you !
Welcome !

Jim

Welcome, I'm going up to the ADK in a few weekends with the AMC at Fish Creek Campground. Love it! We also go to NJ and paddle the Mullica. Worth it, lovely area those pine barrens.

Thanks for the welcome.
Im working those lows lake days but will be driving up late on the 29th to most likely launch at Axton for the next 2 nights. Wanted to go from long lake to crusher but my buddy has limited time. Might do cedar river or maybs little tupper to rock instead..would rather paddle up raquette 1 way with the big portage.. have done lila, lows n st. Regis and prefer to see some new water or scout for a canoe hunt next year.. Any recomendations?? Ive got all friday to tuesday free.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.
Im working those lows lake days but will be driving up late on the 29th to most likely launch at Axton for the next 2 nights. Wanted to go from long lake to crusher but my buddy has limited time. Might do cedar river or maybs little tupper to rock instead..would rather paddle up raquette 1 way with the big portage.. have done lila, lows n st. Regis and prefer to see some new water or scout for a canoe hunt next year.. Any recomendations?? Ive got all friday to tuesday free.

Mr. Frog,
Welcome!!
My gang is planning a few days on/around St Regis Pond this coming weekend, keep an eye out for a truck with strippers on top.
If you're looking for new waters, there is a unique trip through the Essex Chain Lakes, down and around the "Chain Drain", then continuing down the Rock and Cedar rivers. Depending on the time of year (gate closings/openings) it can be an out and back or through trip.
I've been paddling the ADK's since the '60's...if you have questions, just ask.

No Title

Mr. Frog,
Welcome!!
My gang is planning a few days on/around St Regis Pond this coming weekend, keep an eye out for a truck with strippers on top.
If you're looking for new waters, there is a unique trip through the Essex Chain Lakes, down and around the "Chain Drain", then continuing down the Rock and Cedar rivers. Depending on the time of year (gate closings/openings) it can be an out and back or through trip.
I've been paddling the ADK's since the '60's...if you have questions, just ask.

Hey thanks for the trip idea!
Actually, I made some trip changes based on time available.. and my friend and I are driving up to Floodwood Rd. on Thursday night to hammock camp and accessing Long Pond Friday morning.
We might make our way up towards Fish pond as we throw some lures and flies for trout. I was thinking about camping at Bessie Pond, Little fish Pond or Lydia Pond but who knows... just hope to try some new to me campsites, do some trout fishing, enjoy the leaf peeping and eat like a king.
We'll be in a white Mad River Explorer.

Attachments

• photo5326.jpg
    photo5326.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 0
New guy here too........originally from Flemington,New Jersey.Heading up to you in the spring to paddle the Delaware fro somewhere north of the Gap to Lambertville.

Back