• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Hello from Ontario

Reaction score
In addition to rhyming, I love paddling canoes and folding kayaks. I love paddling wooden canoes, although for building and repairing, I couldn't tell you the difference between scarfing, routing, and having a particularly bad hangover. I'm a frequent visitor/contributor at CCR under the same moniker. First business: big hello to ADK Keith whom I met at the White Trout lake portage going up the upper Petawawa last Monday in Algonquin PP. Keith, I hope your paddle on the Tim and down to Shah went well. Thanks for letting me test paddle your Hornbeck. I was amazed by its 13-pound weight. It was great meeting you and was the impetus needed for me to activate my membership here. Let me know, Keith, if you get this call-out. Great forum here, Robin. Thanks for signing me up.

Welcome Martin to our quaint paddling campfire. Pull up a chair and set awhile, it's all good people here.

Mihun, of all people to respond! If I were a new-age reader of signs, I'd say this was a sign! Hallelujia! (heck, you try spelling it!) This is the day that I put my 15-foot Bastien Bros. Huron up for sale. This is probably the canoe I hold dearest to my heart. For the way it paddles solo, heeled assertively, and paddled from way back at the bow seat. It needs new canvas, it's heavy, and I'm paddling other boats. It didn't even get wet last season. I'm not a boat restorer, know no one hereabouts who can lead me through a re-canvassing job__ and I'm tired of book-learning, though I owe plenty to Bill Mason and Hap Wilson for their books. So, I've put the Huron up for sale on Kijiji, half hoping no one notices it. So why my astonishment that you responded first to welcome me here? You know, though others surely don't. I'd responded to your postings on the beautiful first restoration you made on a Huron a few years ago. And didn't you once admit somewhere that you kind of regretted not keeping her? In any case, thanks for the welcome, and aren't you glad I don't believe a sliver of new-age gospel regarding reading signs? As for "going with the flow" I do admit to preferring downstream travel to upstream, but that's all I'm willing to concede!

Well, you know, we are coming to Southern Ontario in September to visit family... we are also picking up a 16.5 foot Y-stern in Wainfleet at the time, it wouldn't be much bother to just nest your boat inside the Y-stern on the trailer.

Back