• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hi all.

Reaction score
Owner of a seventeen and a half foot fiberglass canoe of unknown pedigree. Am Bi-coastal so i have been dragging it all around north America, since the eighties. I drop it in just about any water, anytime i get a chance, and pretend to know what i am doing. With very mixed, sometimes dangerous, sometimes comical, but always memorable results.
As i am beginning to embark on another "dumb ideal" quest i thought to possibly make some upgrades in gear and knowledge. The one thing i learned for sure is there are no sites in the WWW for beginners. I find all kinds of new terminology, and no place to explain them.
So i hope to lurk here with you guys and hopefully get a sorta "contact education". Possibly find a good school that won't keep trying to force me into a kayak.

Don't lurk, join in, especially if you don't understand, and ask all the questions you need to understand. This is a great site with a lot on knowledgable people who want to share that knowledge with people like you and me.

Thanks for the friendly welcomes.
yellowcanoe: lol. She's kind of a sky blue on the outside, with lots of scrapes scratches and dings. Either being towed behind a recumbent trike, riding on top a Chevy Astro van. Or possibly being paddled (sorta) by an old hairy guy with little Australian Terrorist at the bow.

Back