• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Jody from Falls Village, CT

Reaction score
Greetings,
I am a forester in Northwestern, CT. Some of my hobbies are restoring and building wood/canvas canoes, making paddles, ax handles and recently making snowshoes. Much of the material that I use is from trees that are harvested and milled on the land that I am responsible for. My wife and are not canoe trippers but we enjoy to be on the water whenever possible. On a side note my home is just over the mountain from where Robin lives in Norfolk CT!! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community.

Attachments

• photo4258.jpg
    photo4258.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Jody, welcome.

That canoe is nicer than anything I have restored yet. Maybe I can be that good with my Morris.

Thank you! The Whistle Wing had been stored in a dry barn for 65 years, I had a great foundation to work with. It's a pretty canoe but my favorite is a 1938 Old Town 16' HW that I restored about 6 years ago.
I have only done a little work on Morris canoes, they sure have nice lines.
A group of fellow foresters get together at Schuyler Thomson's canoe shop during the winter months and restore canoes that are raffled to benefit a chosen non-profit. In the Fall we will be working on a OT 18' Guide, 1930's vintage.

Back