• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Chris from Winnipeg

Reaction score
Hello team Canoe! You all look like a fun bunch to hang around with so I'd like to introduce myself. We've just moved back to Winnipeg a few years ago and I'm re-acquainting myself with canoeing.
I've been tripping since I was a boy when my Dad would take me out. Since then I've usually gone on at least one decent trip a year. I took a short hiatus when I moved to BC for 10 years but now we're back in Winnipeg and happy to be here. This year we have three trips planned so far, including 2 weeks in Quetico which I've never been to.
My wife and I mostly do lake tripping but I'm always looking for fun in some whitewater as well.
And finally I think I'm going to build myself a canoe. I've been a woodworker for most of my working life so why not combine the two activities?

Anyway, I look forward to participating on these boards! Thanks Robin for letting me in :)

Alright! Another Manitoban, we are taking over!

Welcome to an amazing site. Pull a chair up to the fire and hang out awhile. Might need to sit a spell, doesn't look like we will have open water until May.

Karin

Hi blackfy, and welcome. (I like your name.) Another 'Pegger eh? Cool. I miss that place.
Looking forward to hearing about your trips!

Tooo cool. Mihun and I are out in Warren. When you get around to building your canoe drop in and see us. It will be worth the trip and maybe we can give you some leads on where to get things yoiu will need locally.

Christy

Thanks! I've been reading the thread where you are restoring an old canoe, that looks like a lot of fun. I appreciate the welcome. :)

Welcome Chris !
Another potential canoe builder ? AWESOME !

Soak up all the information you can before starting to build that first canoe ! It will save you big time money, and time ! Plus your canoe will be better !
Wood working skills a plus, but not a necessity !

I really envy the paddling opportunities you guys have up North, even if you have a shorter paddling season !

Again, Welcome !

Jim

Back