• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Hello from Southeast Michigan

Reaction score
A few years ago I decided it was time for me to purchase a canoe and get back into canoe camping. Now I am up to six canoes and a few long trips each year. I have a lot of great access to paddling locations within a short drive that allows me to take short day trips as well as plenty of opportunity for longer trips within my home state.

I am interested in brushing up my skills in preparation for some longer and more remote trips in Canada this coming summer.

Here are some pics from a trip in northern MI this summer.

dacf404a0ba805502054c52cb437711f.jpg

1d7b4ee2ad70cdd6521d3b0bccae0210.jpg

I'm looking forward to joining in and learning! Thanks for having me.

Welcome aboard !

This is a great time of year to start planning for next year !

Not to mention a lot a good people here to help out !

Jim

Welcome aboard! I have some Michigander friends who are skilled trippers and some who are also instructors. Are you seeking whitewater instruction or hints?

Whitewater is one thing I have not done in a canoe and would definitely like some instruction. Any connections I could make here in Michigan would be very helpful! While whitewater is not something I would seek out, it seems that some extended trips in Canada would make some whitewater skills a necessity.

Last edited:
Mr (or Ms) Roy,

Your photos look like mine from the Adirondacks!! Why did you stop at just two?
Oh, and welcome to the forum...there is a large group here from Canada that can surely help you plan those Canadian trips. If ever you think you'll head to the Adirondacks, there are a handful of us here with several lifetimes of experience, combined, that is. ;)

Back