• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Hello from Central Florida

Ok... Central FL is a bit of territory.. Favorite lakes or rivers? Do you do birdwatching? I will be there in Feb.

Ok... Central FL is a bit of territory.. Favorite lakes or rivers? Do you do birdwatching? I will be there in Feb.

Actually live outside of Bartow which is located between Tampa and Orlando. Peace River, Arbuckle are a couple of rivers, Lake Arbuckle, Lake Walk in Water, Crooked Lake are few favorites. Birdwatching is a favorite hobby as well as vegtable gardening. Let me know if you would like to get together when your down.

Welcome Bendback, i am new here also, and live in the orlando area.I have found that there are some great people on here.
Im looking into a trip on The Peace River , hopefully next year...

Welcome Bendback, i am new here also, and live in the orlando area.I have found that there are some great people on here.
Im looking into a trip on The Peace River , hopefully next year...
Thanks YB, keep me posted on your Peace River plans.

I will do that, it was wanting to do it in spring but another trip came up on the Suwannee so i am trying to find the time to get On the Peace. That river is one that my dad used to go on as a kid, and makes me want to see it. Dad wont be going, but he can enjoy the pictures.

With the amount of new Florida people joining it shows it is canoe season in Florida. Have not seen on here but there is camping on the Withlacoochee and Wekiva (buffalo tram camp site)
Never been on the Withlacoochee, however Ive stayed at Buffalo Tram, Its a great float from Kings Landing to Buffalo, then the float from camp to Katies is one of our favorites. I hate to carry all the fire wood but thats the rules and just a part of it.

Back