• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

'lo from Boston

G

I see a lot of familiar faces from solotripping! You can call me either Antimony or Sarah, I go by either on the internet.

I grew up loving to canoe, but hadn't done it in years until I convinced my then-fiance that canoe camping would be the best honeymoon, despite neither of us having done it before. We had a lot of fun, and I bought a solo boat (a used Argosy) at the end of the 2011 summer. I've only taken it on on one camping trip so far, up on the Moose River bow trip last summer, but I hope to add to that this year. I also like long-distance biking, which is currently eating up a lot of my free time, but once it's a little warmer I'll get the boat back out.

Hi, Welcome, I remember your name too. I had an Argosy, it was a very good all round solo boat in my limited "solo" canoes experience. I would still have it but I decided wood canvas canoes are what I really enjoy.

"Once it gets a little warmer" is what I'm waiting for also!

Hello Sarah and welcome from Ontario, Canada. I too was a member at SoloTripping. Good to see you here.

Cheers,
- Martin

Thanks, everyone. It's nice to think about boating while watching traffic slog through a snowstorm out my window.

Welcome Sarah. Don't worry about the snowstorm...we're all going to be on the water soon enough!

Back