• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

greetings from endless mountains pennsylvania

Reaction score
Been canoe tripping for quite awhile but recently found the forum. Have gone thru aluminum,fiberglass roylex but recently acquired two canvas cedar canoes.Love the traditional gear (have a baker tent & a whelan, a few packbaskets ect. ect.). Recently retired but in that middle age ( too young for medicare & too old for the girls to care). Look forward to learning many kinks from you like minded folk.

Welcome, I like that "Too young for medicare, too old for the girls to care"

We need to think about getting all these canvas tents together some time for a rendezvous.

Hi Forest Runes I grew up in Wilkes Barre and did my first trip on the Susq in 76. I've been in Ak. for the last 25 years and will be moving back to Pa. in a few years and look foward to doing some trips back there. I am also into traditional gear, I have a Campfire tent from Horizons Unlimited and am waiting for a new Baker tent to be delivered this month. I want to try and preserve the origional tent as the Egyptian cotton weighs about 15 lbs. compared to 30 lbs for canvas. It's nice to know that there are like minded people back there. I have 3 brother in laws living in Mehoopany and I used to go to Athens with my father to buy cattle when I was a kid so I am pretty familiar with the area.

Thanks for the greetings fellows. Lowangle al, the upper susquehanna is yet an undiscovered gem and the delaware one of the few free flowing rivers in the eastern U.S. welcome home native son.

Back