• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Another Manitoban (well sort of!)

Reaction score
Relatively new to Manitoba and to Canada having moved here from the UK nearly five years ago, although we have been paddling here each summer since 2005. We have paddled in Manitoba, North-West Ontario and in the Yukon.

I've been a member here for a while and have been enjoying reading the various posts so thought it was about time I said hello and contributed to the discussions.
It's been a bit of a shock to find that we don't have nearly as much time to get a decent trip each year due to lack of vacation time and such a short season. I can see now why so many serious canoe trippers are in the teaching profession!

Anyway, thanks for such a great forum and hopefully I can contribute with some useful posts.

Welcome Bothwell, your in good company, there are a few others here from Manitoba. If you get some time, post some pictures of past trips, especially in the "photo of the day" thread. Always good to see new pics there.

There is another fellow we know of who came to Manitoba from the UK. He is the president of Paddle Manitoba, or was a couple years ago, Chris Randall.

Just so we keep the record straight...Karin and I are both transplants from Southern Ontario. I actually came here after living in Calgary for a lot of years.

Tansi to all the fellow wanderers, especially Bothwell.

I grew up in Gimli, was there when they put up the Viking Statue. We used to sneak under his legs to see what was up his kilt. We were disappointed to find nothing, not even a drawing. Gotta go back one of these days and check that area out.

Welcome to this site Bothwell, and a warm congratulations to you on your big day on Friday.

ps Remind me not to go full Scottish, and wear a kilt on the Marshall trip this summer.

Last edited:
Back