• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Greetings from Michilimackinac Country...

Reaction score
Howdy from Northern Michigan! I stumbled onto your awesome site a few days ago looking for pictures of Whelen Tents. I found pictures of Whelen leans and also a great new forum to hang out at. I have been Canoeing since I was a kid and now have more Kayaks than Canoes BUT still love the Canoes. Like my post says I'm from Northern Michigan well FROM the Upper Peninsula but live and work in Northern Michigan. Anyone from Michigan will understand the difference between the U.P. and Northern Michigan. I'm looking forward to hanging out around here and BS'n about paddling and camping.

When I drove home from western Ontario a few years ago I drove across the UP and down thru Michigan for a change, nice country, kinda wish I had more time to see some of the sights.
Welcome

Welcome from another new guy. Don't mean to hijack your thread but since you mentioned Whelen Tent my hammock shelter is Whelen "inspired" I don't use it near a fire but it's great at blocking the wind and provides great all around protection. The last photo is with the doors folded in. With the doors folded in it becomes a rectangular tarp.
hammock%2B%26%2Btarp%2B%285%2Bof%2B17%29.jpg hammock%2B%26%2Btarp%2B%284%2Bof%2B17%29.jpg Blueberry%2Bhill%2Bcamp%2B%281%2Bof%2B1%29.jpg

Nice light weight set up Red! I placed an order with Tentsmiths on Friday for my Whelen Lean-to. I am looking forward to getting it. Tentsmiths said it was gonna be around 5 weeks before it was finished and would ship which is ok with me. I'm hoping to take a spring Canoe or kayak trip down the AuSable with my wife and try it out under camping conditions. Obviously being canvas it won't be used for any backpacking trips but as a base camp via water entry or short hikes from a vehicle. :)

How exciting, congratulations. Bet you're glad you ordered it now, it would be a long 5 weeks to wait if was paddling season.

Back