• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

New Member from NW Oklahoma

Reaction score
The last thing to come to mind when talking canoeing would be Oklahoma. There are actually two Oklahomas, the one east of I-35, where there are paddling opportunities, and the extreme draught land of dirt and rocks west of I-35, where we live, which puts us at least 5-6 hrs. driving time, round-trip, from the nearest real water. That makes day trips impossible, and canoe-tripping/camping for several days the only way to make such a long trip worthwhile to get on the water. I'd love to meet folks in similar situations that would like to get together for similar extended outings. I'm 71, have lived my life on the water as sailor with over 100,000 sea miles, as professional skipper on yachts and ocean-going ships, but having left the East Coast for the Great American Desert (Lewis & Clark's words, not mine) find myself desperate for time on the water.

Grew up along the Northern Chesapeake. We did most of our family boating out of the Sassafras River. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Thistlecap from the Chesapeake! I have a similar background to you and find I love getting on the water in canoes. Simple nav, no anchor watches, no crew problems if solo, etc!
Regards,
Dave

Welcome, come on in and sit down. Might take some time to catch up with some of the inside jokes but don't let that bother you. Those of us farther north get a little nutty waiting for the ice to melt, but it's all good as long as no one pokes an eye out. see ya later. Dave

Back