• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Alberta

Reaction score
Hello from Alberta.
I've recently gotten back into paddling after a long hiatus from childhood adventures in Algonquin. Since then skiing, biking, hiking, alpine touring and all the other time sucking activities have gotten in the way of paddling.
I'm looking forward to absorbing all your ideas, photos and reports.
Currently planning a solo Bowron Lakes, BC trip in the spring...got 'permission' from the significant other. I've got to take advantage of that before she forgets.

Here are a couple of photos from around Alberta.

Attachments

• photo13855.jpg
    photo13855.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo13856.jpg
    photo13856.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo13857.jpg
    photo13857.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo13858.jpg
    photo13858.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo13859.jpg
    photo13859.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard Paul!

There are a few of us on this board from Alberta- what part of the province are you from. I recognize a few of those locales...
A Swift Keewaydin, eh? Nice boat! Don't see as many Swifts out here as Clippers or Novas.
Did Bowron Lakes with my wife a couple of years ago at the end of the season- solo would be interesting. Kettlewell in Jasper Nat Park.jpg

Once again, Welcome aboard!

Bruce

Welcome aboard Paul!

There are a few of us on this board from Alberta- what part of the province are you from. I recognize a few of those locales...
A Swift Keewaydin, eh? Nice boat! Don't see as many Swifts out here as Clippers or Novas.
Did Bowron Lakes with my wife a couple of years ago at the end of the season- solo would be interesting.

Once again, Welcome aboard!

Bruce

I'm in Calgary and travel up to Hinton and Grande Prairie for work.
Started bringing the canoe (Esquif Mistral) with me so whenever I had a down day I could flee location and hit whatever body of water was closest.
Originally from Ontario and rented the Swift a couple summers ago. Loved it.

Paul,

I'm a transplanted Ontarian, too, living in Edmonton area. Still have family and cottage property back there so visit regularly and try to get at least one Algonquin/Killarney/French River trip in each summer. I miss the Ontario canoeing...

That said, I paddle out here regularly from ice out to freeze up, usually a couple of times a week. There are some pretty spectacular places to paddle- especially if you don't mind whitewater! The mountains are a pretty spectacular backdrop.

There are also a number of paddle clubs in the area, too, if you are looking for "organized" day/weekend paddles. Lots going on.

Cheers! Bruce

Some great pics in this post, of course I’m partial to that w/c Chestnut but they are all special. Welcome Paul.

Back