• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

New menber from North Carolina

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm checking in from Pinnacle, North Carolina a few miles from Pilot Mountain. We sold our small New York farm in the eastern Finger Lakes 2017 and moved to our NC place. Before moving we sold our Grumman freighter and a still wrapped Pelican canoe (won in a drawing) along with (big mistake!) my canoe and kayak trailer but kept our big sea kayaks, my wife's Necky Narpa and my Necky Eskia.

We recently bought a nearly pristine 2002 Wenonah Adirondack in Royalex that came with a 30 pound thrust Old Town trolling motor and mount. I've removed the old registration numbers, cleaned the adhesive off and given it a coat of SPF-50 Boat Guard protectant and it needed nothing else....no dings, gouges or loose fittings..... The only outfitting so far has been a pair of Granite Gear Stowaway under seat bags for small stuff. At some point I'll add d-rings under the gunnels and some on the floor for tie-downs.

We expect to be paddling some of the regional lakes, reservoirs and rivers. Unless we return to our old stomping grounds in the Adirondacks we likely won't be taking any true backcountry trips but we do expect to do some camping along some of the "blueways" in the region.

I've spent a bit of time lurking on the site and liked both the give and take of various opinions and the lack of drama. I'm looking forward to joining in.....

Lance

Last edited:
Welcome Lance. I think you'll like it here and I hope you enjoy the extended paddling season of your new home.

As you noted, this is a very civil group. It has become my favorite site and the only forum in which I participate.

Thanks for the gracious welcome.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanksgiving stuff and visiting with out of town family took priority. I have a quiet moment before plunking the turkey in the smoker so......

Hey, Grandpa, where do you live? My wife's from Elma and I grew up in Amherst. We were just visiting family in WNY four weeks ago.... and had the canoe on the Expedition.

Lance

Thanks for the gracious welcome.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanksgiving stuff and visiting with out of town family took priority. I have a quiet moment before plunking the turkey in the smoker so......

Hey, Grandpa, where do you live? My wife's from Elma and I grew up in Amherst. We were just visiting family in WNY four weeks ago.... and had the canoe on the Expedition.

Lance

I'm in Springville (down US 219). Only been here a few months. For 30 years we lived across the valley from Kissing Bridge and could watch skiers on Holly. My wife can't drive after dark so we downsized and moved into the village so she can walk. Our oldest son only lives a few blocks from us now so I feel comfortable leaving her for days on end.

Back