• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Canoecopia 2015

Yes and too far from me too. Anyway there is nothing I need. The presentations are interesting though in themselves

I will be there, too many old friends to say hello to as well as some of my buddies from here. I like to hear the presenters as well.

Bob.

I'll be there working the show. Bob B, if I qualify as an old friend, is it because I'm old? Just kidding, Bob, I look forward to seeing you there!

I would love to go to something like this but it is so far away. We need something like this based in Idaho or Oregon.

Jazzman!

Old ... because we have known each other for a while of course ... the fact that you are old has nothing to do with it!! Are you free for dinner on Friday night? We should get Harlan, Farmer, Hogan, Bob (Bugmiest) and the rest of the guys to get together like always. Heck if anyone form this site wants to go out for dinner Friday or Sat. after the show and hang out with some of us that would be great! I love visiting with old friends as well as making new ones.

See ya there!

Bob.

Last edited:
Mark Morall - Caught your (and Mary's) talk - the video compilation of many Wisconsin rivers. Thanks for that! My husband is a great fan of your videos and I really enjoyed it as well. Kevin Callan came over to my young daughter to hand her a hat during one of his talks, plus he takes his daughter canoe tripping only a few years older than mine - and featured this in his Killarny talk. Now it's official. She is a devoted Callan fan even though we haven't paddled in Canada, the furthest north we go is the BWCA. Sooner or later I'm sure we'll cross paths out paddling Wisconsin. Take care and thanks again for a fantastic talk/video!

I like Kevin Callan too, he looks like he would be fun to trip with for a few days, and he knows his stuff.

That sounds like a great event. The closest we ever got to it around here was the National Outdoor Retailers Show in Reno. I have traveled to San Francisco for some really big boat shows that have lots of canoes.

Each year we make more friends in these on-line groups and Canoecopia is a great place to get together. In 2016 one such group is looking into getting a block of rooms at one of the local motels. It is in the planning stages and I am looking forward to it. I am not setting it up but like our dinners I feel everyone is going to be welcome.

I stayed at the Sheraton because it is within walking distance and I don't know my way around. I probably won't stay there again, but had the opportunity to have breakfast with Cliff Jacobson on Saturday morning. Parking is the biggest issue. There are so few good parking spots that you don't dare move once you get one. The next time I go, I'll probably find a place farther away and drive to the show.

Back