• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Nessmuk knife sheath

G

I reciently descovered the horizontal or semi-horizontal sheath. I love carrying a sheath knife,but they are a pain and always get in the way especially when sitting. I made a horizontal sheath for my small knife and wore it around for a week. Most times I forgot I had it on-even wore it to church by mistake. So I made a semi horizontal,with a little angle down to acomidate my home made Nesmuk knife with it's longer blade and it also works great! You all may already know about this,but it was a great improvment for me.I will now be carrying my fixed blade knives a lot more.
Turtle

Good to hear. I solved the "gets in the way" problem with a dangler style sheath... just kinda tucks out of the way when you sit down. Would love to see some pics.

Sorry,I'm too traditional to know how to post pictures! To make a horizontal sheath,the belt slot or tube should be 90deg. from where it is on a vertical sheath. a little less than 90 gives a crossdraw type. I have tried the dangly type,it didn't work well for me. It got caught on the canoe seat or whatever. I also think a horizontal may be safer in a fall. Turtle

Back