• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Score....

Reaction score
Just scored a new tent, Baker tent that is!! The tent is made in Saskatchewan, the original company making tent for Bill Mason, it is 7x7 and made out of some really nice super tight(better than snow trekker IMO) cotton! It is in almost mint condition!! It will be great for the summer and shoulder season!! Not super light weight but not bad at all!! The price was right and it was right here in town!!

Attachments

• photo10024.jpg
    photo10024.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2
Nice score! I have always liked the Baker style tent. Sounds like the price is right and better yet travel was short! Gotta love it.

dougd

Indeed it was, but I'm most impress with the quality of the fabric!! We"ll see how it does on a real trip!! It is not as light as i wish but not bad, tent(lots of fabric in that tent with the sewn in floor and the 3 flaps!!) with the frame, the 2 awning poles and the pegs and the different stuff sacs weight in at 35lbs!! The frame on its own is about 13-15 lbs, that could be left at home and one could use ridge line in between 2 trees and prussic to tighten up and you would save lots f weight!!

Last edited:
What happened to my post?
Jim

anyway it looks awesome.

I don'T know man, I never lost a post in 7 years that I've been posting here... But I only write straight on here, I don't type in word or something like that...

Indeed it was, but I'm most impress with the quality of the fabric!! We"ll see how it does on a real trip!! It is not as light as i wish but not bad, tent(lots of fabric in that tent with the sewn in floor and the 3 flaps!!) with the frame, the 2 awning poles and the pegs and the different stuff sacs weight in at 35lbs!! The frame on its own is about 13-15 lbs, that could be left at home and one could use ridge line in between 2 trees and prussic to tighten up and you would save lots f weight!!

But if you're on the river it won't really matter.

That's a lot better then a triple Cold Handle Fry Pan Score.

But if you're on the river it won't really matter.

That's a lot better then a triple Cold Handle Fry Pan Score.

The CHFP I got from one kind man one day is one thing that I cherish and love!! I need to find an other one or 2 with lids it would be great!! I love that pan!!

Really sweet score. I've dreamed about those for years. I never realized that maker has (screened?) windows in the back. Nice touch for ventilation. I agree about leaving the poles at home and just rigging a ridge line and guy-outs. A trucker's hitch should give you plenty of ooomf to hold up all that cotton.

Great score and right in town too! Nice. With your large group firebox under the awning, you'll be nice and toasty inside. Please take it on a trip soon. We all want to see that tent in action.

That's nice with the floor and screen, does it have a stove jack?

no stove jack, I plan on using the tent only in warmer season I'll keep the snow trekker for the winter. As Murat said with my firebox set up under the awning, it should be warm in there!

Great score and right in town too! Nice. With your large group firebox under the awning, you'll be nice and toasty inside. Please take it on a trip soon. We all want to see that tent in action.

I'm hopping to do a a short trip with my 10 year old daughter when she get back up here early august!!
And then the hunting trip in september will be in that tent!

It sounds like it's made of Egyptian Cotton sail cloth, if so you're very lucky because they don't make that material anymore. I think it's too small for a stove in the tent, but I put one in the vestibule and 45 the stove pipe out which works really well. I always take two poles and the ridge pole so I can get it set up in ten minutes if I needed to. I did replace the two vertical poles with lighter ones though. You are going to love that tent. I wouldn't trade mine for a Chestnut Prospector.

It sounds like it's made of Egyptian Cotton sail cloth, if so you're very lucky because they don't make that material anymore. I think it's too small for a stove in the tent, but I put one in the vestibule and 45 the stove pipe out which works really well. I always take two poles and the ridge pole so I can get it set up in ten minutes if I needed to. I did replace the two vertical poles with lighter ones though. You are going to love that tent. I wouldn't trade mine for a Chestnut Prospector.

I think it is too heavy for EC, Ric responded to my email and he think that the one I have is 7oz indian cotton. I would have loved to have one with the new fabric it would drop the weight by nearly half, but double the price of what I paid lol....

I did a few trips with Mike Hurley from Hurleys Journal years ago with his campfire tent. His had no frame, he used paddles to set it up, which meant no evening paddle and a lot of ropes to trip over. He had no floor either, but the tarp worked, just let too many critters in at night.
He made a fire under the vestibule roof, which worked but the smoke was always in the tent, shoreline breezes are tricky.

Attachments

• photo10063.jpg
    photo10063.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo10064.jpg
    photo10064.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 1
Back