Score....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score....

Just scored a new tent, Baker tent that is!! The tent is made in Saskatchewan, the original company making tent for Bill Mason, it is 7x7 and made out of some really nice super tight(better than snow trekker IMO) cotton! It is in almost mint condition!! It will be great for the summer and shoulder season!! Not super light weight but not bad at all!! The price was right and it was right here in town!!

Nice score! I have always liked the Baker style tent. Sounds like the price is right and better yet travel was short! Gotta love it.

dougd

Comment

That

Comment

What happened to my post?
        Jim

anyway it looks awesome.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by dougd View Post
            Nice score! I have always liked the Baker style tent. Sounds like the price is right and better yet travel was short! Gotta love it.

dougd
            Indeed it was, but I'm most impress with the quality of the fabric!! We"ll see how it does on a real trip!! It is not as light as i wish but not bad, tent(lots of fabric in that tent with the sewn in floor and the 3 flaps!!) with the frame, the 2 awning poles and the pegs and the different stuff sacs weight in at 35lbs!! The frame on its own is about 13-15 lbs, that could be left at home and one could use ridge line in between 2 trees and prussic to tighten up and you would save lots f weight!!
            Last edited by Canotrouge; 07-23-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boatman53 View Post
              What happened to my post?
              Jim

anyway it looks awesome.
              I don'T know man, I never lost a post in 7 years that I've been posting here... But I only write straight on here, I don't type in word or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Canotrouge View Post

Indeed it was, but I'm most impress with the quality of the fabric!! We"ll see how it does on a real trip!! It is not as light as i wish but not bad, tent(lots of fabric in that tent with the sewn in floor and the 3 flaps!!) with the frame, the 2 awning poles and the pegs and the different stuff sacs weight in at 35lbs!! The frame on its own is about 13-15 lbs, that could be left at home and one could use ridge line in between 2 trees and prussic to tighten up and you would save lots f weight!!
                But if you're on the river it won't really matter.

That's a lot better then a triple Cold Handle Fry Pan Score.

Comment

Originally posted by sweeper View Post

But if you're on the river it won't really matter.

That's a lot better then a triple Cold Handle Fry Pan Score.
                  The CHFP I got from one kind man one day is one thing that I cherish and love!! I need to find an other one or 2 with lids it would be great!! I love that pan!!

Comment

That might be able to happen this Fall when my Step-daughter goes back to school, yes Brad yours will also

Comment

Originally posted by sweeper View Post
                      That might be able to happen this Fall when my Step-daughter goes back to school, yes Brad yours will also
                      Lol that would be sweet!!

Comment

Really sweet score. I've dreamed about those for years. I never realized that maker has (screened?) windows in the back. Nice touch for ventilation. I agree about leaving the poles at home and just rigging a ridge line and guy-outs. A trucker's hitch should give you plenty of ooomf to hold up all that cotton.

Comment

Nice tent!

Comment

That's nice with the floor and screen, does it have a stove jack?

Comment

Great score and right in town too! Nice. With your large group firebox under the awning, you'll be nice and toasty inside. Please take it on a trip soon. We all want to see that tent in action.
                              Paddlemaking.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X