• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Duluth pack on ebay, missed

Reaction score
I got outbid on a cool looking 65L Duluth pack on ebay. I waited until the last minute and every time I increased it by $5 so did the other buyer. I had a limit in my head about the cost. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. But it was fun for a few days thinking about it. One day...

That's too bad coldfeet. It would've been cool to snag that pack.
Years ago and in another town my wife and I would attend an open house and auction for an art school. The works of art would go on show and sale every spring. All kinds of stuff, good and bad. But it's all in the eye of the beholder, right? Anyway, we would scribble down our bids on the open forms posted below a few of the items. A few of them we succeeded in buying still adorn our walls. There was one particular block print I really really had to have. It was of a raven in a tree, and the perspective was looking down on it with a person walking below. Gorgeous. I bid and kept bidding over the three days the auction/show ran. $5 more. $10 more. $25 more (ouch). But if you paid extra $$ you could attend the exclusive separate pricier live auction on the final evening. That extra $$ also gave you the final walk round the show to bid on whatever took your fancy. I knew I had the winning and final bid right as the doors closed...until some SOB (I'm still feeling the burn lol) waltzed through from the live auction and scorched my bid. I just hope they topped it by a lot and not the minimum. It all went to a worthy cause after-all.
Maybe someday you'll snag that pack. My only advice when it comes to auctions is to not fall in love with what you're bidding on, or the scorch will burn on for a long time. There'll be another bird in a tree, another canvas pack. Patience my friend.

Last edited:
Thank for the words of experience Odyssey, when it happens it will be enjoyable. I am becoming more patience in life theses days, took a while but i think when you surround yourself with positive attitudes it's easy to change. Be well.

Back