• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Frost river old #7...

Reaction score
I lucked out this week wile looking at the MEC gear swap page, I saw some one selling a couple Frost River packs, an Old #7 and an Old #3, I emailed him and the #7 was spoken for.... But I told him that if the deal fell through, to contact me.... He did and he shipped it today!! The price wasn't a super deal at $275Cdn including shipping, but better than $340 US($465Cdn) plus shipping and taxes!! So I'm happy!!

Pictures when it shows up!!

No Title

These are not the best pictures, and only stuff with sleeping bags and a tent.... The bag look like it never been used. Everything is in mint condition, and it has the tumpline and the belt!!

Attachments

• photo6946.jpg
    photo6946.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo6947.jpg
    photo6947.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 1
Nice!! That leather is in great shape! Are those shoulder straps padded? Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
Nice!! That leather is in great shape! Are those shoulder straps padded? Thanks for the pics.

Yes they are padded!! I mean I wanted one of these for years, but the weak dollar prohibited the purchase, so when I saw this for 250 canadian with liner, I jumped on it.... It is literally new and they go for 340 US plus shipping plus tax plus exchange..... that is a lot of money...

Very nice pack, looks like a real good deal. What is the liner like, plastic bag like Duluth Pack sells? That will look great in your wood canvas canoe!

Very nice pack, looks like a real good deal. What is the liner like, plastic bag like Duluth Pack sells? That will look great in your wood canvas canoe!

Hey Robin, nice to hear from you!! The liner is a heavy clear plastic bag that is somewhat shape like a funnel, a bit narrower at he bottom and quite a bit wider at the top, it is huge!

As for the canvas canoe, that will have to wait a bit!!

Cheers

Well its not a Frost or Duluth but the price was right, $50, and it fills my need for old timey gear. I may even leave it stuffed full of paper and old rags in the living room...aka my cabin. Turns out the guy I bought it off has restored dozens of WC canoes and we know a lot of the same people. Had a good talk about boats and such to go with my new pack.

This one is fairly light and is made from thinner canvas than the Woods one that we have. A 5 gal bucket will fit nicely in the main compartment so this may become the kitchen pack, which is what the seller used it for. He is 70+ years old now. He has a large square pack too and another of these ones that he is not sure he wants to part with just yet.

Regardless, I am liking my new pack.

Christy

Attachments

• photo8338.jpg
    photo8338.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8339.jpg
    photo8339.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8340.jpg
    photo8340.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8341.jpg
    photo8341.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 0
Looks like a big girl version of my canvas daypack made by a friend.. I love it.
Canvas pack and carbon fiber canoe..my daytrip combo

As long as its a WC canoe in your mind Kim, it all fits.

Yes Robin, lots of compartments...one for first aid kit( big one) and one for my nitro glycerin and whiskey, also first aid supplies. Box of 12 ga and some .22's, files for the chainsaw, I might even be able to get the Coleman stove in there. All it would need then is wheels.

Ohhhhhhh, wait a minute...I can see it now. The collapsible canoe pack rickshaw. This might be a thing.

Christy

I love that trad stuff, nice find there Iskweo. It might serve as your kitchen kit just fine, but there's no way there are enough big pockets for your whisky. lol.

Lookey what showed up in the mail the other day. I had been out galavanting about all weekend and when I got home karin says oh there is mail and a parcel for you. I naturally assumed my mother had found something else that I needed. Imagine my surprise when this CCS canoe pack came out of the packing. Along with some art and a book on Wild West Women. All courtesy of Odyssey and his wife. You guys rock the casbahh.

Now I have to put some of the old milsurp packs on kijiji and thin out our kit room. Aaaaand take some deer tallow to the leather on the first one to soften it up ( Thanks Red).

And thank you B& M

Christy

Attachments

• photo8343.jpg
    photo8343.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8344.jpg
    photo8344.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8345.jpg
    photo8345.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 0
Sweet looking pack there Christy!! I really like the grab handles too!!

Back