• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Old Woods #1 Special portage pack

Reaction score
Picked up an old Woods pack today. Still plenty of life in it.

Kinda surprised to see the 2 flaps on the top compared to the one large flap on my Duluth. It's well broken in and honestly a little more comfortable than my Duluth too.

Nice looking aged pack. The leather components look to be in great condition. On a lot of these old packs, the tumpline is usually missing.

I just got 3 well used woods packs too. Did a simple repair job on the best of the lot and will have to do more on others. Only one came with the tumpline. I ended up using the tumpline from a Duluth #2 pack and it worked really well. Have fun putting it to use!

Very nice indeed, the lettering is in great shape too, hope it gives you many fine memories.

these are awesome packs, i find the woods size and shape a little handier in the boat than my duluths, tho the construction on the american packs is heavier duty -- the woods shape also seems a little more flexible with variable sized loasd -- my original two woods are from 1988 and still going strong -- replaced some leather a few seasons ago...

so...this showed up at my front door last week...leather looks to be in pretty good shape...some wear holes on the canvas, but nothing too bad...

Back