• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Is anyone looking for canvas Woods Canoe packs?

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

​My parents used to operate a fly-in fishing camp on the Albany - and we have 2 Woods canvas canoe packs with extra tump lines.

We are looking for a good home for them and this is the only place I have seen that people seem to know what they are.

I am keeping one for myself to be able to take my daughters camping, but looking to sell the other two. They are in great shape as they were purchased in the last year of business and saw very little use.

I have never to a site like this before so am a 'newbie' at it. So please let me know if I am doing this 'wrong'

I guess you reply to my post and I can send photos, etc. We live in Guelph.

Cheers,

and happy paddling!

Hi 'Canotrouge' - how do I contact you then? I am truly new to this whole blogging site stuff.

​Cheers,

I'll send you a PM(Personal Message) and we can get in touch...

Guess I was sleeping in this morning, an have missed out. In case the others bail out, I would be interested also. I don't really need more packs, I would just like the idea of having a real Woods Pack. Pictures of them would be great, for those of us who missed out on them.
...........BB

Hi -

​I have posted the photos - I am having trouble with the internet today - a love/hate relationship my computer and I -

they are still looking for a home and someone who knows what they are - please send me a message and I can email back to you - I am new
to the whole 'blogging' type of thing -

cheers,

image_4460.jpg Woods-1.JPG image_4459.jpg

Attachments

• image_4461.jpg
    image_4461.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Woods-1.JPG
    Woods-1.JPG
    575.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice packs....I picked one up for my friend in Fort Erie last year. There is something about the old time gear that makes me happy.

Christy

No one has claimed them yet - in reply to the post about the 'old time gear' - it is kind of hard to sell them - sort of like selling my girls' baby clothes - but we don't have anywhere to store them and to continue to just keep them stuffed away seems like I am preventing them from fulfilling their 'destiny' - I would like someone to have them who would use them and enjoy them -

I believe Odyssey is interested in 1 packsack - there is still one left though if you are interested - please send me a message about it - my mom has been telling that they last for years and years! They had some packsacks from a camp at Ranger Lake that were still in use on the Albany River years later-

I have one just like it that I've used fairly hard since 1979. It has a few tiny wear holes but is still in pretty good shape. It was nice to see the label in the photo as the label on mine is long gone and I was wondering what model it was.

I bought one and Odyssey did also, I'm not sure if she has any more for sale.

The one I bought will be used as part of a fund raiser next winter so stay tuned.

Thanks Robin, I'll keep looking. Is woods still making canvas canoe packs? I went on their website and it wasn't clear.

Back