• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Canoe pants: RailRiders has 25% off everything sale until 3/16

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use code: RRIS26

For the GAS afflicted and sale seekers, this is the best entire-site sale I've seen from RailRiders in a year. Their products are expensive at retail prices.

Many canoeists consider RailRiders pants to be the best for canoe tripping. I have two pair of the pants (VersaTac Ultra-Light Pants and Bushwacker Weatherpants) and two of the shorts. They have excellent features, clever and useful, and I highly recommend them for tripping and just casual wear. I returned one style of pants because I didn't like them either functionally or aesthetically (X-Treme Adventure Pants). I also have a belt, but they're just Bison Belts with a RailRiders buckle.

Thanks Glenn. I just ordered a pair of Versa-Tac Mid pants, more for hiking and SAR than for canoeing. I've been looking for a pair of well fitting non-cotton pants sturdier than either the usual nylon ultra lightweight or heavy cotton hiking pants that are so commonly the only choice found in most outdoor stores.

These are without a doubt, some of the best canoe tripping pants out there. Expensive though, last pair cost me 170 bucks by the time they came to the door.

Thanks Glenn. I just ordered a pair of Versa-Tac Mid pants, more for hiking and SAR than for canoeing.

The VersaTac is the best outdoor design, I think. Correction, I have the VersaTac Light in long pants and the VersaTac Ultra-Light in shorts. Both of those are very strong, so I suspect the Mids would be great for bushwacking.

The side/front zipper on the VersaTac cargo pocket is very useful. It's the part of the pocket you can most easily reach when seated in a canoe, car or chair. It's where I keep my wallet when around town. There's a cell phone pocket behind each bellows pocket, which doesn't show up on the RR diagrams.

vstm-natural.jpg

The Bushwacker Weatherpants don't have a bellows cargo pocket, but fit just as well and look a little bit snazzier for casual wear.

This line is new to me. I usually wear 5.11 tactical britches but I believe I'm going to try a pair of those Versa-Tac Lights while they're on sale.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I 've been wearing Rail Riders for about 6 years now. For me they have replaced denim jeans. Love them for canoeing and everyday wear. The fleece lined ones were great this winter. Wore them everyday.

The Railriders website doesn't seem to indicate anything on sale. ???

The Railriders website doesn't seem to indicate anything on sale. ???
You have to complete your order, and on the last page before actually submitting the order, there is a box where you enter the code that Glenn provided. The discount will then show up in the final cost before you actually submit the order.

I got the sale notice and coupon code via email. If you sign up for email notices, you will get all their public and private sales and promotions. Sometimes they have really big discount clearance sales at the end of a season, but a 25% off anything is rare.

I suppose thanks are in order, but I'm not sure. I think of myself as thrifty, not the sort of person that would spend $110 on a pair pants even with the 25% discount. However, accessing my pockets while sitting down was just too strong a lure to resist purchasing a pair.

So I took a deep breath and made the transaction.

Let's hope the pleasure I receive using these overcomes my spending angst. I got a good feeling that will happen

I suppose thanks are in order, but I'm not sure. I think of myself as thrifty, not the sort of person that would spend $110 on a pair pants even with the 25% discount. However, accessing my pockets while sitting down was just too strong a lure to resist purchasing a pair.

So I took a deep breath and made the transaction.

Let's hope the pleasure I receive using these overcomes my spending angst. I got a good feeling that will happen

Will, if it makes you feel better, keep in mind that RailRiders has a 60 day return policy.

http://www.railriders.com/customer_service.php?subject=exchanges&osCsid=jj52a7ce6uqrljcvhcfi9jsb96

The sent me a replacement belt after that time period for no charge when I complained that the buckle was fraying the fabric.

Well for Pete's sake, Glenn. Here I thought I made it through winter without you spending any of my money. It wasn't easy but I resisted buying both a rusty Mora knife and a cheap Fiskars petroleum axe and now here you go getting me to spend a couple hundred bucks on pants.

I do look forward to trying them out. I've bought quite a few pairs of quick dry pants over the years because they were cheap and on sale. I've also bought a couple pairs that about made me choke when I paid for them ($75). I wear the $75 ones a lot and the cheap ones live in the closet. I'd gladly exchange 4 pairs of cheapies for one pair of good pants.

Alan

When we were planning one of our trips in northern Canada I approached Railriders and they agreed to "sponsor" our trip by outfitting us all with a free pair of pants. I got a pair of pants that they no longer make called canvas pants. They were excellent. I wore them for three weeks straight in the barrenlands. I still have them but my waistline has expanded. I always appreciated what they did and I highly recommend them. If you are paddling in the north I recommend the heavy weight pants. They wear like iron and they dry quickly.

Railriders makes great stuff.I've lived in my versa tec pants for several days at a time during back country trips.They wear like iron
Tim

Back