• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Compact field sharpener for knives, scissors, fishhooks, axes, sarissas

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are lots of products in this niche. I have a canoe stone for my machete but I wouldn't use it on a good knife and it's a little heavy.

I'm fascinated by the clever packaging and versatility of the seven different sharpening surfaces of the Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener.

What the video doesn't point out is that the angle guides are 20 degrees on one side and 25 degrees on the other. The diamond stones are held on by rare earth magnets and can be removed and changed sides. There is space on the inside to store something small like a fire steel, matches or tinder. There are longer videos on YouTube demonstrating these features.

Look pretty good!! I will have to look into that. I've used DMT 2 sided folding sharpener, they work really good, but not as versatile as that one!!
Thank for sharing!!

I have a Gerber Sportsman's Steel. I've had it a long time. Goes on every trip and works great at maintaining an edge. They are not easy or cheap to come by anymore, but the are out there.
Jim

This is an idea I stole from Maddy the Goose... just a block of cherry with some holes drilled in it, to hold a few different grits of wet/dry sandpaper (200 up to 1000) and some stropping compound. The top is a piece of old leather belt. The bottom is a piece of craft foam. A rubber band around the middle hold the scrolls of paper inside for storage, or over the foam for convex sharpening.Sharpener.JPG

Back