• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Is this a Wenonah Jensen 18?

Reaction score
Hi all.
Yesterday a friend gave me a Wenonah tandem, that was given to him. He didn't seem to know much about it, other than to say he thought it was seaworthy.
I could use your help in identifying it.
According to the hand engraved model number on the gunwale, it is a model BJ, built January 1979.
For its age, it looks to be in decent condition.
Please let me know what it is and if it might be worth restoring.
Thanks
Fuzz

Attachments

• photo6827.jpg
    photo6827.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo6828.jpg
    photo6828.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo6831.jpg
    photo6831.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
I haven't seen a lot of Jensen 18s but the bow sheer looks a bit high. Looks like it would be worth restoring depending on how much needs to be done. Looks pretty good from the pics.

Alan

We had a Jensen 18 and yes it looked a lot like that...but then a lot of boats do. Tanks, decks and seats look correct but ours had foam ribs across the bottom. Which we occasionally broke. Maybe karin can dig up a picture of it. She has it as a screen saver.

We took ours all over the place, it was a good boat but awfully long in the twisty little rivers. Very fast in a straight line. And yes,quite seaworthy.

Christy

No Title

Sadly, this is the only pic I have of my old Jensen.

Attachments

• photo6842.jpg
    photo6842.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
This is definitely not a Jensen 18, more like a WWII(white water 2) a boat that was design at the time for down river racing, the bow was a lot lighter than the usual to make it a bit dryer!!

You could give Wenona a call and with the # they'd tell you exactly what it is !

Canotrouge, I took your advise and called Wenonah. It was called a "Built Up Jensen" designed by the owner of Wenonah, Mike Cichanowski.
The very pleasant young woman I spoke with, said that it is closest to their current Jensen V-1A racer.
Interesting stuff!
Fuzz

I know I have been now led to wallow on Wenonahs FB page. They have lots of old photos.. I haven't found the boat in question yet.. More surfing on a gloomy day.

Back