Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow ! My Sympathy Stripper guy !

Jim
    Keep your paddle wet, and your seat dry !

Comment

beautiful pics you have hopefully for beautiful memories

Comment

Sunset over Lake Michigan tonight
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	101802

Comment

Great sunset view, beats being in cyberspace anytime.

Maybe more appropriate for the gloom and doom thread, still, this is a photo of the day... sort of.... watching the southward movement of the setting sun on the horizon at sunset until the solstice when the most southerly point is reached.

Like druids at Stonehenge marking the sun's position at winter solstice, Torontohenge at the waterfront. the distant buildings mark the southerly movement of the setting sun. I've been returning to the same solstice spot at the Toronto waterfront year after year, the arrow marks where the winter solstice sunset at the horizon will be. We're not there yet... after the 21st there's a return to northward movement, finally.

Click image for larger version  Name:	32771928358_67e937d0e3_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.3 KB ID:	101822

PS... full moon is Dec 12, one or two days before should be good for those who like moonrise/sunset walks... cold blues in the east, warm reds in the west. Great anticipation and helps reduce the number of alcoholics on the roads and streets.

Cheers, stay off of tall buildings and bridges (again, maybe this belongs in the gloom and doom thread).

J/K

Comment

Very nice. I really appreciate the rainbow colors in the sunset pics. We've had about 5 days in a row with considerable sunshine and blue sky that just don't qualify for doom and gloom. Another pic from last night to distract you from cyberspace for a moment.

Views:	237
Size:	614.7 KB
ID:	101830

Comment

I'd like to share a photo of my Winter Beard. Double chocolate cranberry? Hm. Interesting gift for my 64th birthday, and much appreciated. I'll save it to share with other visiting family stout lovers tomorrow.
              Although only some of us have winter beards all of us have stout interests.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	birthday stout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	101843

Anyone else sporting a winter beard?
              Last edited by Odyssey; 12-08-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I quit shaving September 7, 2019 I look like a old homeless guy that that is some sort of a project of a kindly, hot Grandmother.
                "All I had were a few flies tucked into the band of my hat and an a old beaten-up Heddon rod, that had been on many trips." Sigurd F. Olson

Comment

Ha ha ha, I love those kindly, hot Grannies. Is that how you trap them, sporting the homeless look? Seems like I've been using the wrong bait on my trap line, using soap and showering and stuff.

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of pity.

Comment

Originally posted by Odyssey View Post
                      I'd like to share a photo of my Winter Beard. Double chocolate cranberry? Hm. Interesting gift for my 64th birthday, and much appreciated. I'll save it to share with other visiting family stout lovers tomorrow.
                      Although only some of us have winter beards all of us have stout interests.
                      Click image for larger version Name:	birthday stout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	101843

Anyone else sporting a winter beard?
                      I'm in the car I'll be there in about 8 hours save me some

Comment

This is my special goto brew from our local brewer. I don't care for Belgians or Honey beers BUT put them together and let the bottles sit for 2 years, NAILED IT!

I bought the last 10 bottles he had.

Name:	BeeZerker Braggott Ale.png
Views:	193
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	101864
                        No affiliation with the HCC

There will be at least one bottle that makes it to 3 years
                        Attached Files

Comment

I love a good stout!!! And this was a few weeks ago now the hairs got short and the beard got longer....

Comment

OK, so the last pic makes me a little dizzy Mr. red canoe.

i was a little late to the bluff tonight but since no one else is posting I'll provide a little filler material until something better comes along.

Another Lake Michigan sunset and another day with some sunshine.

Views:	182
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	102118

Comment

I did take it off for a while this year, which was fun. The waitress at the local diner asked me if I wanted a menu when I always have the "Usual". But this is what it's been for years.Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_p1250807acopy.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	102130

Comment

Yes, Mister Red Canoe's sideways photo does put one a little off balance. Will look at it again tonight, Saturday night, maybe after a beverage, for any possibly magnified effects on the mind.

So, to add more to this thread during the winter slowdown, here's another photo from the Toronto waterfront. Hoping to see the sunset a little further south towards solstice but no such luck.Seagulls would not fly away, not scared.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49022964098_7324252ba1_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	360.5 KB ID:	102132

Reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds:

Click image for larger version  Name:	crowshitchcock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	102133
                                Last edited by frozentripper; 12-14-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X