No announcement yet.

Photo of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we do another Marshall Lake trip, Faubert is on the agenda. Beautiful campsite and fat walleye. We chickened out prematurely that day, it's actually deep all the way there.

Comment

I don't like how you combined chicken and premature and "we" all in one sentence. But if it fits, then yes, I guess I offered sage advice that afternoon (cluck cluck).

I'm game for next year. I will need to get Miranda on board re: vacation time. I'll tell her Faubert has palm trees and sand. She'll settle for Margaritas.

Comment

Christy will be retired so plenty of time for a trip there. I'll just take extra time if needed. With Christy's new truck we could drive into Faubert and meet you all there with the Margaritas.
        One man's Wilderness is another man's theme park. ~Unknown~

Comment

Spirit Guide

Comment

I tried posting this earlier but the photo never worked. This is from Pine Stream campsite looking at the West Branch of the Penobscot.Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_b64.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	85003

Comment

Let the caption contest begin!

In the days before SmartWool; somewhere deep inside the belly of Woodland Caribou Provincial Park...
              Following yet another hardly satisfying meal of sodium enriched dirty rice & fish skin, our chief paddle porteur took a well-earned break to reflect upon what in heaven's name made him sign on to such adventure and also a feeble attempt to dry his evermoist synthetic hosiery as the soles of his feet had begun to foul.

Comment

Algonquin park fall color at peak today... photo this morning, from the APP website.

Comment

Getting back to taking pix and vids... this one's about trees in the hurricane in Florida. Whatever that wood is, it's resilient.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...87860689350656

PS.... not my vid, just happened to see it without searching around. There are probably worse out there.
                  Last edited by frozentripper; 10-11-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Spencer Lake, near Jackman, Maine.‚Äč

Comment

Stephen Colbert's vid on Canadian marijuana tourism starts off with a canoe... not tremendously funny (there are much better political cartoons out there) but the Ministry of Tourism won't object to the cash flow that's being forecast. Marijuana in Ontario is only available online at the government cannabis store at the moment, with privately-owned stores selling it starting sometime next year. And the feds have already stated that smoking will be fine in Parks Canada campgrounds, not sure about provincial parks. What's that skunky smell?

Comment

This photo is of my brother taken somewhere in Ontario's Turtle River Provincial Park. I remember waking up that morning finding moose tracks in far too close proximity to the tent however we both slept sound through night #1 having half a jag from sharing a pint of something most likely cheap and gross.

Can anyone come up with a clever caption?? I've got nothing.

Peace

Comment

Woodland Caribou: Day #1, Portage #1

Note the enthusiasm.

It's all downhill from here...

Thanks my friend for the glamour shot and letting the rest of the forum privately chuckle at your expense.

He He He

Comment

I like your pack, Duluth?

Comment

Definitely Duluth. Back then it was the only pack any of us were aware of and pretty much all we saw. Beautiful, solid packs that last forever. Use em till the leather cinches are stretched out enough to convolve the entire bag. Well...maybe that is an embellishment. When they come up for sale on C.L. they generally demand high dollar however used to be able to find them at garage sales for cheap. Would imagine still can but have not looked in a while. I lived in Duluth for a year back in the late 80's and if memory serves their factory and storefront were one in the same?? Could be wrong. Their current Canal Park retail outlet is a must-visit if ever in Duluth but for this 99%-er it is only window shopping.

Comment

Weather is turning colder around here, and thought I'd try and cheer myself up with some soft water pics, from the BWCA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008_zpsb6n9lrav.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	88866

Name:	IMG_0022_zpsslis75fc.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	88865

Name:	IMG_0007_zpsboblncqc.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	88864
                                Keep your paddle wet, and your seat dry !

Comment

Working...
                                X