• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Photo of the day

I was going through some older images of black bears that I could post to the Re-thinking Firearms thread, when I came across this image taken in November of 2016. Not really a Photo Of The Day, but a good illustration on Saskatchewan’s motto “Land of Living Skies.”

I love the photo, and the "living skies". However, I thought Saskatchewan's motto was "Hard to spell, easy to draw." :cool:

I laughed right out loud when I saw your post, goonstroke. I don’t know if you’re aware of the Canadian comedy “Corner Gas,” set in rural Saskatchewan. At one point, Lacy has developed a trivia section in her restaurant’s newsletter.

Lacey: What do ya think of the trivia section?
Hank: There's a air of triviality to it.
Lacey: Makes ya think, though. I mean, I mean Brent's cartoon is funny, but who knew that Saskatchewan was bigger than the entire country of Sweden.

The scene then switches to Lorne Calvert, In his office, who was Premier of Saskatchewan at the time. Lorne says, “What do you think of that, Sweden?” And then with his pointer, he addresses a map of Saskatchewan on the wall. “And we’re a rectangle. Nature’s most perfect shape.”

I’ve been wanting to share that since two minutes before the site went down. Finally! Yahoo!!

Last edited:
Back