• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Photo of the day

A nice morning after paddling all day into a headwind, Stone Lake, (Marshall Lake Circuit) N/W Ontario 8/2014

DSC02249.JPG

Robin, this spot looks a little similar to your photo in post # 514. I camped there in early October 2013. It is on the Minnesota side of the border in Basswood Lake.
1385279_682557745112082_1967404305_n.jpg

Here is a picture of the camp site with my gear. Wasn't much soil any where. I had to tie my tarp lines to rocks.
12665_682557991778724_1696950773_n.jpg

Last edited:
It does look similar Rippy, rocky outcrops are nice places to camp. I stayed at the one just to the right of the pictures in 518/519, I bet it was a little quieter than Memaquays, his site is in the background.

DSC02243.JPG

But the fishing was good, 2 or 3 casts from the shore and I had dinner,

DSC02245.JPG

....and breakfast was pretty good too,

DSC02247.JPG

Ha, that's exactly where the staff stays, to get a break from the little buggers for a while. They have their side of the rock, we have ours. We eat fish, they eat kraft dinner. It is one of my favorite all time spots, looking forward to getting back there this June. This was our fishing result, sitting on the rocks, casting out, in about 20 minutes.

Me to... Especially when there s moose around... Going back home with half a moose in my canoe, and my body following with the other half...

No Title

Yet another view of the site on Stone Lake, with Robin's site in the background. All these photos, that Marshall Lake loop most be a popular route!

This was our fist glimpse of nice weather after 3 days of rain and temps in the 40-50s. The sun on the warm rock felt so good, it made you appreciate its warmth in a way that is only possible through the hardship of foul weather.

Attachments

• photo1378.JPG
    photo1378.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 2
When I was camped at that spot I found a round rock buried in the roots of an overturned tree(that might be the root ball on the left side of Quinn's picture). I pulled it out of the dirt and found that it to be perfectly round, just a little egg shaped with a black spot dead center on the top. It would have been nice to bring home, but the next two portages where over a mile each, so I left it where I found it.

Back