• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Photo of the day

Wow, these photos are amazing! Ice, you better not put a scratch on that truck! Or canoe! Really nice spot to put in for a paddle.
Hanz, incredible shot and view. I'm still hopeful to get there. After all the help and encouragement from Stripperguy et al, we still have plans to see the ADK's for ourselves.
Nice spot to stop for breakfast Lep. Is that your tea billy?

Last edited:
We planned to paddle the upper Snake near Yellowstone last weekend while visiting family, but the heavy rain and flash-flood warnings changed our minds. Took a drive to see Mesa Falls instead. Pix are a little poor because of the rain and heavy clouds....

Upper Mesa Falls...

Lower Mesa Falls...

Thanks for the kind comments, I am proud of that one. I was thinking while looking at my best photos from that (my most recent) trip that they looked stripperguy-esque - same sort of content within the same locale. And only my best shots - no offense to stripperguy meant.

Hoel Pond, Adirondacks, NY, 27 Sep 2014
P9270033.JPG

No Title

Wow, these photos are amazing! Ice, you better not put a scratch on that truck! Or canoe! Really nice spot to put in for a paddle.
Hanz, incredible shot and view. I'm still hopeful to get there. After all the help and encouragement from Stripperguy et al, we still have plans to see the ADK's for ourselves.
Nice spot to stop for breakfast Lep. Is that your tea billy?

I was more worried about the canoe than the truck when pushing through the "trail". As always my stuff is there to be used :)

Another from that evening...

Attachments

• photo1041.JPG
    photo1041.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 1
I put this photo from two weeks ago today on my intro post, but thought I would show it here too. This was taken at Maligne Lake in Jasper NP. Outstanding scenery there, seriously one the the top 10 most beautiful places I have ever been.

IMG_0147-XL.jpg

I put this photo from two weeks ago today on my intro post, but thought I would show it here too. This was taken at Maligne Lake in Jasper NP. Outstanding scenery there, seriously one the the top 10 most beautiful places I have ever been.

IMG_0147-XL.jpg

Holy schnikees!!
That is drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!
Really, really nice.

It looks like the best time to be in Maine is around Sept 27. Thanks for the Alberta pics. Alaska has a lot of the same qualities.

It looks like the best time to be in Maine is around Sept 27. Thanks for the Alberta pics. Alaska has a lot of the same qualities.

It is a good time to be in the Adirondacks as YC noted. Last week in September to first week in October is usually exceptional.

Back